Stephen Ministry Program
Advent has a Stephen Ministry which is here to support you.
Stephen Ministry is a program that equips persons to provide Christian one-to-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who express God’s care through their lives to others as they visit another person regularly and dependably to offer them Christian support and care. They are committed to preserving the confidential nature of these caring relationships. They have received 50 hours of initial training and continue to build their skills during their years of service.
Stephen Ministers are Christian friends here to meet the needs of people…
- the hospitalized
- the terminally ill and their families
- people who move into or out of our community
- those grieving a death or serious loss
- the homebound and institutionalized
- prisoners, ex-offenders, and their families
- those with a job crisis
- the aging and elderly
- those with disabilities and their families
- those needing the support of a Christian friend
- those facing life transitions
- the separated or divorced
- households experiencing birth or adoption
- those in spiritual crisis
We have a number of trained Stephen Ministers here at Advent.
Are you or a friend in need of a Stephen Minister?
Or are you interested in becoming trained as a Stephen Minister?
If so, please contact Bobbi Lencke at 901-317-4448 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Elsie McLemore at 901-384-0351.